Kris’s conservation aspirations have developed over years of environmental engineering studies and a career in the construction sector working with projects across the country.
Today Kris is a Sustainability Manager, responsible for coordinating the efforts of our sustainability advisors across all regions and ensuring that environmental legislation and procedures are implemented on our sites. Prior to this he spent three years working as an environmental consultant where he trained other staff in the use of site waste management plans; undertook acoustic monitoring, modelling and reporting; assisted with the completion of Code for Sustainable Homes and EcoHomes reports; and worked on the WRAP framework.
Kris is passionate about helping organisations to reduce their impacts, and is using the environmental management system within BAM to deliver reductions in resource use, both directly and indirectly within our supply chains.
Kris’s memberships and major achievements:
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- Member of the UKCG materials sub-group that developed the commitment
- Obtained the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Level 4 qualification
- Facilitated external verification audits with KPMG and E&Y achieving limited assurance status
- Practiced in BREEAM, LEED and Code for Sustainable Homes