Jesse has over 13 years’ experience in the environment and sustainability sector, making him one of our leading experts. He is committed to environment and sustainability issues and is passionate about the positive economic and environmental impact that business can have. He has helped to develop our sustainability strategy and as Head of Sustainability, is responsible for strategy development and guiding teams throughout our business, as well as customers and numerous industry groups.
With a wide focus encompassing carbon management, sustainable energy, responsible sourcing, sustainable building standards and circular economy, Jesse has worked with private, public and third sector organisations to support them in achieving their sustainability targets and aspirations. He represents BAM at industry level engaging with government and sector bodies as well as leading on research and development projects, including our own work on building performance evaluation and circular economy.
Jesse’s memberships and major achievements:
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- UK Green Building Council Future Leader
- BREEAM Assessor
- Building magazine Top 50 Stars of Sustainability 2015
- UKGBC performance gap task group
- A wide range of memberships including GRI stakeholder group, CBI climate change group, UKCG environmental leadership group and Green construction board greening the industry group.
- His work to reduce emissions and improve efficiencies has led to BAM's certification to CEMARS Standard and has been instrumental in the Royal BAM Group achieving a place on the CDP A list for global leadership in climate change action
- He led the development of ENCORD construction carbon protocol, gaining first ever 'Built on Greenhouse Gas Protocol' quailty mark