Kris’s conservation aspirations have developed over years of environmental engineering studies and a career in the construction sector working with projects across the country.
Today Kris is BAM’s Senior Environmental Advisor, responsible for coordinating the efforts of our sustainability advisors across all regions and ensuring that environmental legislation and procedures are implemented on our sites. Prior to this he spent three years working as an environmental consultant where he trained other staff in the use of site waste management plans; undertook acoustic monitoring, modelling and reporting; assisted with the completion of Code for Sustainable Homes and EcoHomes reports; and worked on the WRAP framework.
Kris is passionate about environmental business innovation, for example, he previously developed a reporting and measurement tool for gathering data from over 300 projects to produce sustainability reports for directors to review.
Kris’s memberships and major achievements:
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- Member of the UKCG materials sub-group that developed the commitment
- Obtained the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Level 4 qualification
- Facilitated a KPMG external verification audit achieving limited assurance status
- Practiced in BREEAM, LEED and Code for Sustainable Homes